Site selection evaluations & recommendations: unbiased, unique, anonymous
A facility project is a big commitment. When done effectively, it will result in opportunities for growth, lower costs, productivity gains and a higher ROI.
Joe Vranich and his associates work to find the best location, negotiate economic incentives and save time.
Even if a large corporation has resources to examine location issues, they may lack the experiences of a team that includes experts with experience throughout North America, Central America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Contact is made with state and local economic development officials through Requests for Information and Requests for Proposals (the identity of the company is kept confidential) in order to identify potentially optimal locations. Ultimately, three finalist locations will be presented to the client along with extensive supporting data.
A Quick Summary of the Options
Sometimes a client needs only limited assistance. For example, an initial phase involving executive coaching can help company leaders clarify their vision and options. A common concern is whether the project is something that the leaders are truly ready to launch. This is a challenging question particularly for small businesses and privately owned firms where the future of the enterprise is closely interwoven with the lives of the owners and their families.
Also, it’s possible to opt for work on only a portion of a project.
- Coaching on initial vision, options and preferences
- Assess lifestyle preferences
- Target initial location preferences
- Examine tax structures
- Conduct logistics / supply chain study
- Evaluate workforce availability and labor costs
- Assess training programs
- Review infrastructure and utilities
- Prepare an Economic Impact Assessment (a legal requirement under certain circumstances)
- Serve as an intermediary that permits anonymous representation
- Assemble an inventory of appropriate sites and buildings
- Negotiate economic incentives and financing opportunities
- Help develop HR policies regarding employee retention, relocation and furloughs
- Assist with internal and external announcements about the location decision
All work is oriented to your specific concerns and requirements.