A Speaker Throughout the U.S.
Joseph Vranich has been a keynote speaker for more than 25 years.
Joe’s emphasis is on helping companies find great locations in which to grow. His speeches center on business challenges, what makes a community an optimal location for certain types of companies, and how public policies can influence a company’s opportunities for growth.
He has been a public speaker and panelist throughout the United States and in Europe and Asia with his comments appearing several times in Vital Speeches of the Day. While serious about providing value in his presentations, he is known to inject some “spirited comments” about public agencies and politicians that are less-than-friendly to businesses large and small.
One of Joe’s noteworthy projections came in May, 2018 when he said at an ECONOMIX conference that he thought Amazon would avoid locating its HQ2 in one metro area but would select two, primarily because of workforce issues. Four months later the company announced just that when it said it would split the project and place offices in New York City (a project that Amazon later abandoned because of public opposition) and Arlington County, Virginia.
Testimonials: Speeches & Media Appearances
Fox Business News: “A relocation coach. We’ve not had anyone like you on the show before, but you’ll be back. That was good stuff.” – Stuart Varney, Varney & Company.
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP: “I was honored to have been invited to moderate the panel, and can tell you that the response of the audience to your observations, counsel and advice was overwhelmingly positive.” – James P. Cain, U.S. Ambassador (Ret.), Raleigh, North Carolina.
California General Assembly: “What a speaker! I wish we could hire him to work in the governor’s office to redirect this ship before it washes upside down.” (Statement made after Joe addressed California’s passage of new regulations and taxes on business.) – Assemblyman Dan Logue, Sacramento, California.
‘Top Ten’ on Radio: “Joe Vranich advises companies that are considering moving. He gave us a ‘Top Ten List of Why California Companies are Calling the Moving Companies’ which reflects how bad things are here… go to his blog. It’s worth checking out. Read all about it. Wow!” – John Kobylt and Ken Chiampou of the “John and Ken Show,” KFI Radio Los Angeles and KNEW Radio San Francisco (the most popular local talk radio program in the United States).
Economic Development EVP: “We invited Joe Vranich to speak to the business community of the Colorado Springs region to discuss out-migration of companies from California. Joe was marvelous. Not only did he cover the topic very well but did so in a captivating manner. His use of humor and anecdotes was entertaining and informative. Many people including me felt it was one of the best speeches heard at one of our events. We would invite him back in a heartbeat.” – David L. White, Executive Vice President, Marketing, Colorado Springs Regional Economic Development Corporation, Colorado.
International Relocation Company VP-IT: “Joe was my coach and we worked on my presentation before my company’s top 55 relocation customers from around the world. It went over so well that the Sales Department asked me to join them in pitches to potential customers. Not bad for an IT guy!” – (Confidential assignment; name withheld by request), Paragon Relocation Services, Rancho Santa Margarita, California.
- Note: Speaking appearances suspended as of February, 2020 as conferences have been cancelled because of COVID-19.
- “Impressions of Oklahoma: A Pleasant Surprise,” Tulsa Regional Chamber, Oct. 30, 2019
- “Why Florida Competes So Well,” Business Development Board of Palm Beach County, March 28, 2019
- “Regional Summit,” Research Triangle Regional Partnership, Raleigh, North Carolina, Jan. 8 – 9, 2019
- “Why I like people in Economic Development,” ECONOMIX, Nashville, Tenn., sponsored by Consultant Connect, Dec. 4 – 6, 2018
- Economic Development Forum, “Dialogue with Economic Development Officers,” sponsored by Mississippi Development Authority, Jackson, Oct. 9 – 12, 2018
- “Metrics to Help the Midwest Identify Prospects in California” – Site Link Forum, Michigan City, Indiana, August 1 – 3, 2018
- “Trends in Company Location Searches” – The Summit, sponsored by Consultant Connect, New York, NY, July 19, 2018
- “Realities of Site Selection” – ECONOMIX Conference sponsored by Consultant Connect, Frisco, Texas, May 17, 2018
- “Perspectives & Possibilities for the Pittsburgh Area” – Pittsburgh Regional Alliance and the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), Nov. 14, 2016
- “The Role Lifestyle Plays in a Location Decision” – Carmel-Noblesville-Fishers, Indiana, Sept. 8, 2016
- “Motivations for Family Company Relocations” – SiteLink Conference, Klamath Falls, Oregon, May 19, 2016
- “Trends in the Site Selection Process Affecting Arizona” – Greater Phoenix Economic Council, March 18, 2016
- “Making the Cut: Dialogue with National Site Selectors” – Metro Denver Site Selection Conference, Denver, Sept. 19, 2014
- “Why Your Colleagues Leave California” – San Gabriel Valley Business Group, Palm Desert, Calif., Oct. 26, 2013
- “When Lifestyle is the Deciding Factor in Site Selection” – Roundtable in the High Desert sponsored by Industry Week, Tucson, Arizona, Oct. 17, 2013
- “State and Local Policies that Motivate California Businesses to Leave” – Texas Economic Development Delegation, Laguna Beach, Calif., Feb. 12, 2013
- “New Perspectives About Business Expansions and Relocations” – Greater Phoenix Economic Council, Feb. 1, 2013
- “Why More Companies Will Head for the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex” – Dallas Regional Chamber, Dallas, Texas, March 7, 2012
- “How to Improve a Local Business Environment in a Business-Hostile State” – Association of California Cities, Orange County, June 9, 2011
- “How California Can Moderate its Tough Business Environment” – Economic Recovery Group, CalChamber Building, Sacramento, Calif., February 8, 2011
- “Colorado Springs: A Robust Relocation Choice” – Colorado Springs Economic Development Corp., May 24, 2010
- “Recommendations for a Healthy California Business Climate” –Economic Recovery Group, CalChamber Building, Sacramento, Calif., February 24, 2010
Testimony before the California State Legislature
- Jobs and Economy Town Hall Meeting (Senate)
- Legislative Summit on Jobs and Regulation in California (Assembly)
- Transportation and Housing Committee (Senate)